Kategorie

Forum

Sport / Euro 2008 - oficjalny watek

Od 31 do 37 z 37

.....dokladnie, dzisaj ostatni mecz, technicnie mamy jeszcze szanse......wszystko jest mozliwe,  wystarczy popatrzec na mecz Turci i Czechow............cos takiego nam morze pomuc....

byla Polska...i nie ma Polski.......liczmy na nastepny raz ;)

no ale Euro jeszcze trwa.....wszyscy napewno maja jakies inne ulubione druzyny...ja odkad pamietam zawsze kibicowalem Holandii, i w tym roku wygladaja bardzo dobrze.

• Maria Z CommentAuthorMaria Z
    • CommentTime17 Jun 2008

Z jednej strony szkoda ze Polska przegrala, ale z drugiej strony mozna byc dumnym z tego co strzelil gola dla Chorwacji:)

Source: Ottawa Sun (2008.07.17)

Croatia wins it ... by a kidney

Ivan Klasnic scored yesterday to give Croatia a 1-0 win against Poland in a European Championship match stripped of significance by Germany's defeat of Austria in the other Group B match.

The 28-year-old striker became the first kidney transplant recipient to play at the European Championship, and in the 53rd minute he swept in a left-footed shot from a cross by stand-in captain Danijel Pranjic at Worthersee Stadium for his ninth goal in 30 internationals.

"I'm happy that I'm here at all," Klasnic said. "As I said once, this is like a bonus from God. It's like a dream. I thank God that I'm alive and that I can play football."

Croatia won all three group games for the first time in three tournament appearances. It will play Turkey in the quarterfinals Friday in Vienna.

"We are very proud because we played this match at such a high level and scored a third victory here," Croatia coach Slaven Bilic said. "We didn't just play good, we played super."

Poland needed to win convincingly and hope Austria beat Germany in Klagenfurt to advance. It got neither.

Poland coach Leo Beenhakker said the defeat summed up his team's tournament campaign.

"We have tried and it was not enough, and I think that was more or less what we saw the whole tournament," he said. "To be realistic, during this tournament we weren't good enough."

A second-string Croatia outclassed Poland for large parts of the match and it was only goalkeeper Artur Boruc who kept his team in the game.

In the 33rd, Klasnic used his chest well to control Petric's pass but Boruc dove at his feet to block the shot.

In January 2007, the German-born Klasnic suffered kidney failure. Shortly afterward, he received a transplant but his body rejected the kidney donated by his mother. A couple of months later, he again underwent surgery to replace the rejected kidney with one from his father.

Klasnic, who wears a fibreglass shield to protect him on the field, is one of a small number of professional athletes to return after an organ transplant. Without the protection, a kick could prove life-threatening.

"We had prayed for Ivan, but he's a brave man and he was encouraging us when he was in a dire situation," Bilic said. "We are happy to have him back."

forza azzurri

LOL

• Maria Z CommentAuthorMaria Z
    • CommentTime29 Jun 2008

Czekam tylko zeby Podolski naszczelal Hiszpanii!!!!

cale szczescie to hiszpania wygrala, bo chyba pocialbym sie czerstwa bulka gdyby bylo inaczej 

Od 31 do 37 z 37

RSS Feeds